Sportster 883 xlh

Discussion in 'Sportster Models' started by summerwillow, Feb 22, 2010.

1. summerwillow

summerwillow New Member

Hi There,

Last year i had the great idea to buy myself a harley Davidson Sporster 883 XLH. The plan was to start from scratch and take an advanced course and get to ride it ( i dont have a license at all). Unfortunalty things didnt work out that way and i know i have to sell my baby! She has been standing for a year and i need to get her started, does anyone have any advise on how i can do this?

Im really upset because i would loved to have ridden her but she would have been too much for me.

Thanks
    Summerwillow

2. Mongrel

Mongrel Account Removed

charge the battery change the oil, plugs n check the tyres n brakes and you should be good to go.

3. maduxfn31

maduxfn31 Member

Summer willow where are you from my wife has the perfect beginer bike for learning to ride its a suzuki gz 250

4. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

Summerwillow; you might want to contact your local HD dealer (one you bought bike from) ask for assistance b/c you'll also have to get the fuel flushed & other minor maint checks. See if they're willing to pick-up the bike, get it prepped & possibly assist w/sale. Might be worth a try & less hassle for you. Good Luck & sorry things didn't work out b/c riding's the best therapy...:newsmile011: