free website stats program spoke wheels | Harley Davidson Forums

spoke wheels

nickel55

i was looking for spoke wheels so i looked at a company in mo. the wheels there are pretty cheap looked at other places and same wheels are like three times the money. is there something wrong with the low end wheels? they are made by the same manufacture??????????

In most cases you get what you pay for. The finish may be a problem on the cheaper wheels compared to the more expensive ones. I wouldn't go for the cheap ones, your life depends on them.

Speaking of spokes....a friend needs to replace a couple of spokes on his Heritage and tried to buy a couple at the HD Dealer....no way. Only way they sell them is as a set!!!
I can hardly believe that if you need to replace a spoke, you cannot buy individual spokes from the dealer....you have to buy the whole set for I think $144.00......
What's up with that??
It's not like all the spokes are balanced, or a matched set or anything. What am I missing here?

Speaking of spokes....a friend needs to replace a couple of spokes on his Heritage and tried to buy a couple at the HD Dealer....no way. Only way they sell them is as a set!!!
I can hardly believe that if you need to replace a spoke, you cannot buy individual spokes from the dealer....you have to buy the whole set for I think $144.00......
What's up with that??
It's not like all the spokes are balanced, or a matched set or anything. What am I missing here?

Are you forgetting HD (Hundred dollars):D

If it was under warranty. let the dealer go for it.

Back