free website stats program spit from carb | Harley Davidson Forums

spit from carb

I have a mikuni hsr 42 with a force winder seems to spit every once in a while? thought it could be air leak but have gone over all bolts several times and made sure everything was tight. ???

Jetting or accelerator pump could be the cause not to mention an intake leak. Tight doesn not necessarily mean no leak.

What the other 2 guys said,also make sure your fuel is clean and free of H20.But I would look to the jetting.A #48 slow speed jet will fix you right up if you have a free flowing aircleaner and pipes.Also need to richen up the air/fuel mix approx. 2+3/4 turns from closed.Let us know what you come up with, Dave...

A #48 low jet is a bit large, generally you don't need any more than a #46 to set it up properly.

on my 42 mikuni ... i adjusted the adjustment screw in the plastic top above the metering rod on the accelerator pump.... It had viberated loose and didn't squirt enough gas early enough and made a hesitation in the acceleration of motor... carb is simple enough even in changing jets

signed....BUBBIE a friend of SIFIHD here in sunny arizona (HOT)

Last edited:
Back