free website stats program Speedo swap/upgrade | Harley Davidson Forums

Speedo swap/upgrade

carnut1938

I would like to install a new combination speedo and tach (part#709000702) on my 06 Heritage. They only sell them for Softails as old as 2008. I'm guessing the fitment issue would be the factory plug arrangement. I am not worried about the plug and play aspect, so I could wire direct from the harness bypassing the plug if I knew what wires were what on the bike and the speedo. Can anybody help me here? Perhaps a wiring diagram or simple drawing showing wire colors and what to connect. I realize that some of the functions won't work, an example being the lack of gear shift sender and such. I just love the way they look and all the color choices. I have looked at other aftermarket combos, but nothing pulls my trigger like this one. Any response would be appreciated.

I appreciate the info. This is the same story (minus the detail you included) I got from the dealerships I have talked to. Your explanation makes sense though, much more than theirs.

Thanks again,

Don

I strongly agree that these new speedo/tachs will only work on the model years specified. Don't mess around with the bike. If it doesn't apply to your bike, then don't buy it.

Back