free website stats program spectro engine oil? | Harley Davidson Forums

spectro engine oil?

t.w.h

Anyone know what it's like. Is it good bad or indifferent I'm thinking about putting it in my 95 FXDS Con' and using the GL5 in my tranny and their oil in my primary?:D

Nothing wrong with Spectro as your choice of oil. Good stuff IMO.

I used Spectro products for a while and was pleased with how they worked. It just got very hard to find in my area.

There is nothing wrong with them. Spectro makes good oils.

Check out the links the Dr. posted and check out the Amsoil white papers that has a comparison of many motorcycle oils.

Spectro was the oil of choice for Hondas in the old days, along with Bel Rae Both fine oils IMO

In the UK it is not so easy to find oil suitable for an air cooled motorcycle engine
Zodiac dealers can have spectro oils
Custom Chrome dealers will have motor factory oils
Harley Dealers will have Harley oils
There may be some other oils available but you will have to search long and hard to find them
Spectro oils are as good as you will find in the UK that are suitable for the air cooled engines

Brian

I am now using both their engine oil and six speed transmission fluid and am very impressed. Excellent premium products, especially the tranny fluid. I changed over from Mobil 1 just for a try (nothing at all wrong with the Mobil 1, a great quality oil as well). I will say that Spectro oils are much harder to find (here in Canada). I have yet to find a shop or store that actually stocks it so I always have to special order it.

Back