free website stats program special order | Harley Davidson Forums

special order

00BUCKSHOT

i went in my local H-D dealer to buy a front brake line they did not have one and had to order it (ofcourse i had to pay up front)that was a week and 1/2 ago how long does it normaly take an H-D dealer to get a part?

Usually 5 business days is typical for HD special order unless a piece of exotica or unobtainium which takes a bit longer (and a few reorder cycles)... :small3d015:

could be worse, our local dealer told a friend they didn't have chrome polish and didn't plan on ordering any more in, told me I had to pre-pay for a rear tire on my ultra that would be about 7-10 days if they order'd it in.

:lolrolling:lolrolling

I waited .....

6 months

for a new air cleaner cover

then returned it cause it looked nice in the catalogue, but not on my bike.

something to remember.... and be happy you dont live in Europe..

My dealer always says 7-10 days on orders. I've always ordered stuff on Saturdays and it always been in by the following Friday. The good part of the deal is They guarantee everything to be in stock. If they don't have something in stock and have to order it they discount it 20%

Last edited:
My dealer always says 7-10 days on orders. I've always ordered stuff on Saturdays and it always been in by the following Friday. The good part of the deal is They guarantee everything in stock. If they don't have something in stock and have to order it they discount it 20%

Good deal. Maybe they're trying to make sure they don't lose business to the online discount dealers. If you have to wait to get the part, you might as well get the best price. My dealer charges an extra $5 for special orders, even if it is a stock them and they are just out. I usually get good discounts there though, so I can't complain. It usually takes about a week for them to fill special orders.

Guess I've been lucky. A week is about the most I've ever waited for a part. My dealer has never charged me extra for an order. In fact, I get a 10% off for being a member of the HOG chapter. The dealer usually expects payment up front on an order but I've been able to place several orders without the up front charge.

I continue to have some problems with getting repairs done correctly the first try but so far the dealer has been willing to make things right. Still, it is a real pain to address substantard work on a regular basis.

My dealer must not be so bad after all. He just says "Ken I'll call you when it comes in. I've got your cell number. No you can just pay when it comes in.":D

dealer told me 7-10 days i'm on day number 12 lol its just a stock wideglide brake line i didn't figure that would be a big deal

Back