free website stats program Solo seat for EGlide Classic | Harley Davidson Forums

Solo seat for EGlide Classic

GRISSLEHEAD

I have a 2001 EGlide Classic that has been converted to a StreetGlide.........I'm looking to put a solo seat on it with a fender rail rack. Anybody out there have a solo seat for sale that will fit??? I'm not especially interested in buying a new $400 + seat from Mustang or Corbin......I though maybe someone on HDTALKING might be able to point me in the right direction.
( Pictures in the Bagger Section )
Thanks !
Grisslehead

How about an air-ride police seat? I swapped mine for a touring seat, and there are lots of them on eBay for cheap.

Note: the Police seat will move you way higher than the EG seat. This will be perfect if you are long legged.

Following is a pic of my Police setup before removal. The seat air canister is mounted underneath the rear radio platform.

FLHPIrear.jpg

I'm not real interested in sitting higher on the bike(only 6' tall.....30" inseem) but that is a thought. Thanks for the input !

A police solo seat shouldn't be to high for you. I ride a 2004 FLHTP with the air ride police solo seat and I am 5'10" and can put both feet flat on the ground. I love the ride and it is, in my opinion way more comfortable than any other seat I have tried. I have ridden an 08 police bike with solo and they are a little taller than the 2000-2007 police with solo. Due to different setup with frame changes. So if you get one make sure it is pre 08 seat and mounts.

cowboywildbill - I have an 08 EGlide Classic and picked up a police seat (08) for it. I'm trying to find a place for the air reservoir other than in the saddlebags or tour pak. I need the bag room and often ride without the tour pak. There is room under the right side cover but I will have to jury-rig a bracket to mount it if that's where it will go.
Any suggestions?

Grisslehead
This is my Electra Glide with a solo Mustang seat
I really like it and it is verry comforatable.

Grisslehead
Sorry the picture would not load and i could not figure out how to delete my reply to you.

I'm trying to find a place for the air reservoir other than in the saddlebags or tour pak. I need the bag room and often ride without the tour pak...Any suggestions?

I wonder if the air canister is really necessary for the seat. You will have less air volume, and might need to add air with a hand pump just like the bagger shocks. You will have to find a Schrader valve that will accept the seat air line, just buy another bagger valve.

Im currently tricking out my EGC and did not want to spend money for a solo seat. This might not be an option for you, but I took my stock seat, cut off the passenger half, tucked the excess material underneath and really liked the llook. the seat is currently at a saddle shop in town getting the excess leather tucked and stitched properly..guys gonna charge me 100.00. not a bad option if you don't mind ruining a stock seat.

Back