free website stats program Softail Oil Tank Fitment Question | Harley Davidson Forums

Softail Oil Tank Fitment Question

cubalz

Can anyone tell me for sure if the chrome oil tank made for 2000-up ST models will fit my 07 FXSTB/I Night Train? I want to switch from the black tank to a chrome one but want to make sure that it will fit without mods given the cost of the tank. I know that both the H-D and aftermarket ones say that it fits all Softails 2000-2007 \\;but was worried about the 200mm tire causing changes in the tank from the factory.

Thanks to anyone who can help!

John

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't there one oil tank for all Softies 2000-2007? If that is the case, then would it not fit since others come stock with a 200mm tire?

The oil tank sits in the frame and nowhere near your fat tire. You can put a Fat-Ass kit on any Twin cam Softail but its only the swingarm thats bigger not the frame so I can't see why you wouldn't be able to any twin cam oil tank from '00 through '08 on your bike.

As stated above the oil tank surrounds the battery in the softail models and is in no way a problem with the rear tire. Between the rear tire and the tank is the electronics also on the softails. As far as the attachment points, it should work as long as none of these have changed between the years mentioned

Thanks everyone. Now I am going to look for a used chrome oil tank for sale, if anyone has one, PM me!!

Back