Softail Dresser

Discussion in 'Softail Models' started by ChopperDoc, May 20, 2010.

1. ChopperDoc

ChopperDoc Active Member

Has anyone "dressered" a softail? I"ve had health issues the last couple of years and lost over a hundred pounds. I haven't gotten the strength back in the legs and arms and not sure how much I will get back - Can't seem to gain any weight. My Classic is getting a little hard for me to get off the stand especially if I park on a left incline (I know, "Don't do that!"). I'm not ready to trike it yet and was wondering how close I could get to a Street Glide or Roadking look using a Deluxe as a platform. Your thoughts..........

2. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about your health issues, and I hope you continue to improve.
    I have seen some nice looking softails with hard bags and such, but I think the cost is pretty steep to convert. For not a lot of money you can get front and rear lowering kits in your glide, so you have more leg on the ground. That would also make it stand a little straighter on the jiffy. Nothing has more low speed stability than a flh has. IMO the stability negates most of the weight difference, and the $$ involved helps more. Keep at it, your strength should improve gradually.:57:

3. glider

glider Veteran Member

Is that the time when Cat wanted to take 34 pairs of shoes on the trip?

:lolrolling

4. glider

glider Veteran Member

That comes down to exactly 14 1/2 pairs more if the TP was on the bike.

Hi Cat! :grose:grose:grose:small3d019::lolrolling

Where's my meatballs?:gh

5. glider

glider Veteran Member

I realize that. I hear you have a shoe for every occasion in every color :lolrolling

I also heard that Rich wears them too :lolrolling

I thought I was your favorite and I get no meatballs? :newsmile030::rr

6. glider

glider Veteran Member

WELL....If you are doing his homework ....no meat balls for a while :D:bigsmiley12:

7. ChopperDoc

ChopperDoc Active Member

I think what I am going to do is modify the jiffy stand to get the bike in a more upright position. If I get a flat tire while parked and it falls over, it falls over.

At 14 I bought my first Harley, a 165 Hummer. My second bike was a dresser and over the years I have had every variation you can think of and at 63 I am back on a dresser. There are worse places to be.

Yep, that is what I am going to do. I am not willing to give up all the things that make it truely a "Classic". I yam what I yam.

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions. At least now I know how many pairs of boots and shoes I can get in my tour pak.