free website stats program Softail Clutch Kit | Harley Davidson Forums

Softail Clutch Kit

courthouse5

Newish member, first submission:
I know this has been said before, however, I have recently installed the HD Reduced Effort Clutch Kit on my 2003 Heritage, and I just wanted to say that the results are fantastic . . . it has completely transformed the ride! :)

This kit and the Burly lite clutch kit make a very noticable difference and well worth the time to install.

Welcome to the forum! Thanks for posting the results for something that did work as well as you hoped. Just may help the next guy that is on the fence and wanting to do the same thing .......

Just may help the next guy that is on the fence and wanting to do the same thing .......

I might end up being that guy. I've been thinking about that kit for awhile but just haven't pulled the trigger on it. Thanks for the feedback and welcome to the forum.

silly question, the HD kit and the Burly Lite kit are basically the same kit just different makers right?

Newish member, first submission:
I know this has been said before, however, I have recently installed the HD Reduced Effort Clutch Kit on my 2003 Heritage, and I just wanted to say that the results are fantastic . . . it has completely transformed the ride! :)

Welcome to The Forum and the report on your findings, this is why this Forum is the best, Members posting info that is tried and true:D

Been thinking of this myself, as my left elbow has tendonitis very badly. Did you install this yourself? Experience? I can turn a wrench but have to think about which way!!

Total time to install.....total cost..

Thanks much...

This may be my next install after my new 4" pull back risers.

I thought that the install was pretty straight forward, although quite time consuming due to the amount of the motor that requires strip down and rebuild, I also had to remove the V&H Longshots to access the gearbox cover.
One thing to mention, you will need fairly heavy duty circlip pliers to remove the (very) large circlip inside the gearbox cover.
The only other pain I suffered was purchasing the items needed at the HD Dealers here in Kuwait City 11 Kuwait Dinars (approx. $35) just for the primary chaincase gasket!!

Happy days - courthouse5.

I just bought the harley kit myself. I only installed the ball ramps but did not install the spring. Will the new spring make a difference? I can feel a difference already. Just curious, I dont feel like tearing into the primary just to replace the clutch spring.

Back