softail bobber pics

Discussion in 'Custom Models' started by Dan o, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Dan o

Dan o Member

does anyone have any softail bobber pics out there.Im looking for some inspiration.And ideas to run a tight bobbed rear fender thanks Dano

2. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Re: softail bobbers

Click the Home button scroll to the Softail section , Might find it there:s

3. Crocker

Crocker Active Member

although not a ST but a HD custom bobber racer, the way it was done back in the day 1945 frame and 45 bottom with K top, khk cam to get er goin.hope this gives you some idea,on bobbing the rear fender and ofcourse no front fender on an bobber,well ok maybe a shorty duck tail to match the rear.good luck with your project ,keep us posted.

Attached Files:

4. Piotra

Piotra Active Member

5. Dan o

Dan o Member

hey Piotra thank you for the pics.Did you lower the bike before you cut the fender.Im thinking of cutting my fender ,but its not going to look good unless i lower it i think nice job great looking any advice for me

6. Piotra

Piotra Active Member

I builded this bike so it wasn't oryginal softail. The bike is lowered about 1/2-1 inch. And the fender is not oryginal from softail, I think it is from Dyna and is totally rebuilded (cutted, walded ...). I think that if you have oryginal softail it can be hard to do, even if you will lower the bike. The clearance between tire and fender in my bike is about 4-5 inches.