So. Jersey to Naples

Discussion in 'Road Trips/Touring' started by Black shadow, Feb 3, 2010.

1. Black shadow

Black shadow Member

Left the monday before last, got home last thrusday the 28th. 3200 miles. My buddy couldn't go last minute so I rode down alone. First day was cold, 30's-40's, but the gradual warming after that was great. By the time I got to south carolina it was 68. got to florida the third day and was riding in a tee shirt for the first time in 6 months, just what the doctor ordered! Reached Naples about 4 pm, 1260 miles and well worth it. The back rest and the cruise control really helped with the long days in the saddle. Visited old friends, cruised and around and had a blast. saturday morning I took off for key west, spent the nite and rode back to naples on sunday,nice ride to say the least. left for home on tuesday and got home thursday. I think I used up all my luck for the year as far as weather goes, it rained for an hour or two the day before I left naples and got home before the crappy weather on friday and saturday. WHAT A RIDE !!!!!!!!!!
  2. Joyflyin

Joyflyin Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator

Lucky you. I would love to go to FL now. :newsmile08:
  3. jaceddie

jaceddie Junior Member

Great luck for sure. As bad as this winter is, Florida sure sounds nice. :newsmile036:
  4. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Guest

Its been unusually cold here in Florida this winter, but it aint snowing
  5. rscalzo

rscalzo Member

This weekend might be a great time to flee South Jersey.
  6. PaulWhite

PaulWhite Active Member

Yea what about my invite. must have got lost too. Glad you had a good ride.. Will be heading to Daytone on 1 March
  7. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Guest

Bike Week is right around the corner