free website stats program So Cal Day Trip | Harley Davidson Forums

So Cal Day Trip

03fxsti

Left Oceanside, CA at 1000 this moring, destination Cooks Corner, Trabuco Canyon. Ate lunch, got some patches sewn on the leather vest. We left Cooks Corner headed for the Otega Highway SR-74. Some good twisties there. My favorite part is coming out of the mountains to the attached view. Below is Lake Elsinor. Traveled south on the I-15 to SR-76 out to the Re-opened Hideout near Lake Henshaw. Then traveled North on SR-79 Temecula for dinner at a cousins house.

Attachments

• IMG_2784sm.jpg
    IMG_2784sm.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2785sm.jpg
    IMG_2785sm.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2786sm.jpg
    IMG_2786sm.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2787sm.jpg
    IMG_2787sm.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 21
Nice relaxing ride in SoCal...thank you for the pictures and narrative of a beautiful ride.

Certainly not a bad deal, after seeing some other posts from Manitoba where they are suffering from some serious rain and flooding, Sometimes nature is pretty tough on us HD riders.

Left Oceanside, CA at 1000 this moring, destination Cooks Corner, Trabuco Canyon. Ate lunch, got some patches sewn on the leather vest. We left Cooks Corner headed for the Otega Highway SR-74. Some good twisties there. My favorite part is coming out of the mountains to the attached view. Below is Lake Elsinor. Traveled south on the I-15 to SR-76 out to the Re-opened Hideout near Lake Henshaw. Then traveled North on SR-79 Temecula for dinner at a cousins house.

Looks great. Wish I knew about this area when I was out there.

Great coincidence, I left my house (two blocks from Cook’s Corner) and hooked up with my brother and cousin in San Juan Capistrano. We took I-5 south to Oceanside then east on Hwy 76 to Lake Henshaw. From there we went out Hwy 79 and dropped down to Borrego Springs. Left Borrego and took Hwy 79 north to Temcula, then I-15 to Hwy 74 over Ortega Hwy and back home. Just short of 300 miles for the day. No pics, but a beautiful day for a ride. About the only thing you didn’t mention is a quick stop in Hells Kitchen. I must have waived at you out there somewhere.

Was a great day for a ride. You are right about the miles, it was right around a 300 mile day for me.

We seem to get stuck up here in Ventura always going north. Made it as far south as Irvine a few weeks ago. Everyone says the Ortega Hwy is awesome. I also want to ride up to Julian this fall.

NEWHD74FAN is right on. We're really blessed with great weather.

Larry,

I am pretty sure you must have some really good riding up there. One of my favorites is going up the one through Malibu. I really like coming around the corner and Pt. Mugu is spread out in front of you.

We are at a slight disadvantage down here, we have no where to go but North. Too dangerous to cross the border any more.

Back