free website stats program Smoke smell in Leather | Harley Davidson Forums

Smoke smell in Leather

Whiterook

I just got a nice HD leather jacket on eBay. It's great except that it smells like cigarette smoke. It's so bad, my whole house smells like smoke. (Obviously I'm not a smoker.) Anyone know of a way to get rid of the smoke smell? Thanks!!!!!

You can use Lexol leather conditioner or Leather new and it should do it.

Leathernew.jpg

lexol.gif

Try Febreeze, my wife used it on some stuff (fabric,not leather)she got from cigar smoking Dad. It worked pretty good.

ditto on the febreeze my wife smokes and it does the job on her dress clothes also

if you can't get the smell out yourself, try calling a local dry cleaner, and see what they say. I bet they would help you out. :s

Try getting a vanilla candle and put it in a small area such has a box. The vanilla candle scent will extract the odor. Of course keep in mind a fire hazard.

hmm... I'd go with Gliders recommendation. I like Fabreeze, but don't know if I'd spray it on real leather. My bottle says not recommended for leather due to water spotting.

Put it in a box or even better, one of those hanging plastic clothes bags and throw in a couple of Bounce dryer sheets. Somehow they absorb the smell. Every now an then I get a wet musty smell in the pickup and I put a couple under the seat, and in a day or two, the smell is gone. It isn't like they add a cover up smell but they soak up the offending smell.

Back