free website stats program Smart Security System Question (Iron 883) | Harley Davidson Forums

Smart Security System Question (Iron 883)

floydindian

Hello - i am not sure if this is the correct forum to post this query. Admins, please free to move it to appropriate forum, if required.

I am based in India & have recently bought an Iron 883. I had the dealer install the following parts -
a) Smart Security System (Part No 68200-07A)
b) Smart Siren II Security System (Part No 68352-06B)

The Security System came with the 2 Hands Free Fobs.

I also asked the dealer if he can provide me with Battery-Powered Pager Receiver II Security System (Part No 91660-06). They informed me that this is not available in India.

Questions i need help with -

If i buy the Pager Receiver (Part No 91660-06) from the US Store:
- will it work in India?
- will i be able to set it up with the existing Smart Security System? Or, will the Service Centre need to program it, etc.?

Any help / direction will be greatly appreciated!

Thank You!

Any help / direction will be greatly appreciated!

I purchased the pager part of the security system and to me it was a waste of money. The claims made on polling distance are not even close. The concept is a great idea but the hardware doesn't perform. I would spend the money on something else.

Thanks Tank & Hoople for your reverts! Appreciate it!

Will keep the forum posted in case i purchase it. May travel to Ohio in a couple of months!

Thanks!

Agree w/Hoop...security pager is pretty much a money making toy for HD, but worthless to rider's security. Not worth the coin...JMO.

Well, I like mine perhaps because I installed my antenna myself and got it in a location that the signal must read. At any rate I have to have it catch the signal before I take off, because it won't find the bike from a distance, but it will stay connected once I get it lock in. I got to say I feel very uncomfortable not endorsing Hoople....LOL I always take the battery out between overnighters.
Back when I rode a Sportster the "boys" always told me nobody will steal a Sportster any way. Back then I had a kind of a motion detector with a siren.

Who knows... maybe the one I purchased was defective or you have an earlier version that actually works. I even tried hanging the antenna in plain view and I still could not get any decent range. Once there's a wall between the bike & me, the signal is lost. I had to have an eye view of the bike in order to receive a signal.

Also after about an hour, the pager stops showing you the polling "flash" in order to save battery power. That makes no sense to me because how much power can it really save. The manual says "When in use, the receiver battery will last 45 DAYS on 1 charge". Who needs 45 days? I would rather have 10 HOURS of polling, than 44 DAYS of not polling. If I see a polling flash, at least know the bike is probably still where I left it. Not seeing a polling signal makes the unit worthless to me.

You got me on this one but glad yours is working like it should.

Back