free website stats program slop between gears. | Harley Davidson Forums

slop between gears.

mcbur1

My 2008 electra glide classic has some slop between gears, like a rear wheel drive vehicle with some slop in the differential gear. Wondering if this is normal?

Last edited:
Are we talking like when you let off the gas on the chevy an give it some gas and ya get the backlash clunk? if so same here.

Not quite sure what the slop between gears is referring to here but give this a try to take up any slack in the primary chain that may be causing this sensation. I had something similar to what I think you are referring to here and this did the trick besides quieting things down too.

TC Engine Noise - Harley Davidson Community

Not quite sure what the slop between gears is referring to here but give this a try to take up any slack in the primary chain that may be causing this sensation. I had something similar to what I think you are referring to here and this did the trick besides quieting things down too.

TC Engine Noise - Harley Davidson Community

Tried that and nothing for me didnt take out the lifter tick either.. i know mine is a lifter tick you can pull in the clutch an rev it and still same tick

Yes, it's like the chevy your talking about. Sounds like it's a normal thing in the new bikes. Just doesn't seem right. It seems that if the same thing was happening in the rear wheel drive vehicles, I would be installing new differential spider gears.

Back