slobbering, stuttering, missing on front cylinder

Discussion in 'Engine, Fuel and Exhaust' started by rkdon, Jun 26, 2010.

1. rkdon

rkdon New Member

Got a question for you guys. After a fuel stop the other day, my bike was missing & backfiring. Made it home & changed the spark plugs, didn't help. Dealer has confirmed the fuel system has good press. & delivery, ect. Dealer has changed from 8 deg. injectors to 25 deg. injectors, still does the same thing. Dealer is puzzled as well. Anybody experience this with their bike? Its a 2006 Road King W/ 10K miles. thanks. Oh yea, the code showed a front cylinder missing.

2. BUBBIE

BUBBIE Well-Known Member

:newsmile105: Bad Gas... Standard answer but ???

Spark plug wire?
    Check the coil it may also be the culprit.. Look for cracks or carbon lines causing shorting of the coil.

I have found while bike is running I spray a little water(plant mister) around the electrical and in dim lighted area you can usually see a bad electrical jump out and bite the grounding area, OR you will Hear a short,,, Missing..

signed....BUBBIE

3. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Agree with Bubbie, but "slobbering" never seen that symptom before...! LOL

4. rkdon

rkdon New Member

O.K. slobbering probably the wrong description, the other thing I forgot to mention is the bike runs "like a new one ought to" after a minute or to. Then stop for fuel or lunch & the same.

5. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators