free website stats program Slip on's on an 09 | Harley Davidson Forums

Slip on's on an 09

09ultra

Banned
I have a friend who has a 07 CVO Electraglide. (I think it is an electraglide) Anyway, he has the original Screaming eagle slips on's that came with it. My question is will these fit on my 09 Ultra and will I need to do any fuel management remapping? I was told slip on's will require no mods with slip on's. I am not sure if they will fit the new bikes. Anyone know for sure? I can get them at half price if they fit.

Not sure about the fit on an 09 bike being they have a different setup than previous, but the CVO mufflers I believe are CAT mufflers with converters in them. Not the best for performance.

Thanks for the info Glider. If I do get slip on's, rather it be V&H, Screaming Eagle or other, will they come less the CAT hardware? Also, will they require remapping if they are less the CAT? Lastly, which do you recommend? On my softail I had V&H Pro Pipes and loved them. I was just considering these pipes since they would have been a deal. This touring bike is all new to me.

I to was looking to put some Rinehart Slip-ons on my 09 Ultra. And was told by the people at Rinehart that the slip-ons (from an 08) would bolt right on, but when they come out with true duels that the mufflers wouldn't work with the new system, and I would have to buy the new system if I wanted true duels. Something about the pipes are going to be bigger at the muffler end. Hope this helps. Call the folks who manufacture the system you want to be sure. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Glider. If I do get slip on's, rather it be V&H, Screaming Eagle or other, will they come less the CAT hardware? Also, will they require remapping if they are less the CAT? Lastly, which do you recommend? On my softail I had V&H Pro Pipes and loved them. I was just considering these pipes since they would have been a deal. This touring bike is all new to me.

I like the sound of the Reinhardt slip ons over the V&H, Nicer sound. You should add a fuel controller if you go with the slipons too regardless of the fact that they have the 02 sensors in the pipes. They can't adjust enough being narrow band.

I like the TFI for this as well as the stage 1 air cleaner kit on the intake with a K&N filter to make a complete package and pick up about 10 HP & some extra TQ.

Motorcycle Fuel Injection Kits and Electronic Fuel Injection Systems - EFI

Looks like TFI does not have anything for the 09? Or is it going to be the same as the 08? Any suggestions on where to look and buy the reinhart slip on's?

Back