free website stats program Slip-Ons 2 1/2" or 3" Which is recommended? | Harley Davidson Forums

Slip-Ons 2 1/2" or 3" Which is recommended?

ULTRAMOOSE

Hey Guys, I have an 06 Dyna Wide Glide and I am going to put new mufflers on the bike before spring. I see both sizes listed and want to know if there is a recommended size for that model 2 1/2" or 3". Which will give me a better overall sound and performance, I am not after noise but rather a mid-level deep HD sound. Also I want a tapered end pipe that has the look of stock, does anyone have any suggestions? The Ultra I just sold had full Rineharts and I liked the sound but it could be a bit much. Thanks guys, Moose

Hey I had just posted a thread somewhat like this one. I had 3" baffles on my Kromewerks hps and found that they were to loud. They kind of rang in my helmet. They did give my bike FXDC 2010 alittle more power though. This was real evident when I put the stock pipes back on. Kind of lost some of its manhood.

look at rush with 1.75 or 2 inch baffle,go to their website do a google search for rush pipes the site will come up as epiflex they have demos on it.also vance and hines has a new slip on muffler looks good!!but stay with a bigger muffler body

Back