free website stats program Slip on pipes | Harley Davidson Forums

Slip on pipes

wally

:D I am new to HDTALKING and you have a very informative site. I just bought a 2011 Electra glide Ultra Limited. Would it be better to put slip on pipes to start with and what would you reccomend. I was gong to do upgrades later but thaught that would be a start. Thank you from West Tn.

Hi Wally & welcome aboard. You will be okay by just adding pipes, others with way more knowledge will chime in a bit too. You will eventually want to add some type of fuel controller like the TFI as the bike runs very lean from the factory. If you use the search engine for the site and put in something like 'adding pipes', you will find a great deal of information on the subject. :s

Welcome to the best on the net. Congratulations on your new ride. Adding slip on mufflers will be no problem. If later adding a Stage 1 air filter or changing out front pipe to remove cat then a fueler upgrade will needed.

Definitely check into HD's SE pipes - they're good quality & fair priced. I found my Rinehart Racing pipes on clearance @ DennisKirk.com for $400 & they're good too. Also, good way to research pipes is to visit HD & ask some of the customers if you can hear how their pipes sound - I do it all the time. Good luck!

Iceman has u covered here, What do you like look wise? You can safely change the pipes now and add fuel later:D

Back