free website stats program Sister in law called. | Harley Davidson Forums

Sister in law called.

ahern25

Got a phone call from my sister in law. She was crying and said "Your brother just crashed his bike. I rushed over to the accident spot. He was only bout two miles from my house. They were wheeling him in the back of the ambluence. He made it to the hospital with a good sense of humor, we (Family) razzed him in good fun.

A car slamed on his brakes to not run a yellow light and my brother had to brake and lost control of his bike. Both my brother and the bike went down. At the last second the guy decides he can make the light and speeds away. Luckily some cars behind him stop and helped him up plus picked up his bike and got them both to the curb out of harms way. Never got their names but luv to thank them for the help. Needless to say my brother has a broken clavical and wont be riding for a while. The sportster suffered minor damage, nothing that I cant fix as soon as he gives me the go ahead to start buying parts and fixing his bike.

Moral of the story, people dont always care about bikers so you have to leave yourself room to stop, go around or get out of the way of cars. You will never win that fight against 3000 lbs cars. And if your in a car and see a biker in need of help remember to stop and help out. God forbid that might be you one day needing the help.

Glad things are ok for the most part, and it wasnt worse.. I learn from every story. Thanks for sharing.

Sorry to hear of your brothers accident. Hope he mends quickly and thanks for the reminder to ride safe.

Thank you guys, I shared cause it happened just two days ago and as a friendly reminder to be aware and safe when riding. I sometimes catch myself following to close as well.

Glad your brothers ok. The bike can always be repaired.

REMEMBER the 2 SECOND rule when following!!!!!!!

Glad to hear that it was no worse than it turned out, but I know the clavicle can be pretty painful. Best of luck to you and your brother.

Back