free website stats program Simple Green - Amazing | Harley Davidson Forums

Simple Green - Amazing

DDogg

I got aluminum cleaner on the Black Coat paint on my engine. I tried everything to get the white off without removing or destroying the paint. A simple spray on a tooth brush with simple green and a little rubbing, and gone. I have a buddy who sprays his whole bike down with simple green when it's really dirty, then hoses it off. Dirt gone. Who would have thought.

When I owned a boat, I found Simple Green was great at cleaning the hull, especially below the water line. I also learned the hard way Simple Green is very effective at removing wax and, when dealing with a boat that sits in the sun, can do more harm than good.

This isn't a big issue with bikes unless it is left out in the elements.

I love the stuff. I also spray the whole bike down (well not the seats or the dash, and I cover the rear speaker housings) as a presoak before I wash the bike. It is not a "spray, rinse and go" product, but it definitely makes cleaning easier IMHO.

TQ

I used the simple green too on my WW tires but make sure to flush it very well on the rest of the bike.

I've used Simple Green for many years. Mostly on the Engine, transmission, etc.. and it works very nice. I've never used it on the paint. I've got to do cleaning changes slowly. I've just started with doing the Pledge thing, so one thing at a time. :D Maybe next year I'll try the Green on my wife's bike. :s
UglyJohn

Mix Simple Green 50/50 with warm water in a spray bottle. Spray it on the windshield, let it set (do not let dry) and the bugs wipe right off. Rinse with clean water, then a coat of Glider's Pledge and your good to go! :cheers

Not knocking Simple Green, but when used on a bike I still have not seen where it will do anything Pledge will not do. Have any of you seen the new streak free Pledge? I am using it and it works even better. On my Black Pearl bike I had to be sure to buff any streaks, with the streak free Pledge it is even simpler than before. Sorry if this is a High Jack of the thread.:s

Not knocking Simple Green, but when used on a bike I still have not seen where it will do anything Pledge will not do. Have any of you seen the new streak free Pledge? I am using it and it works even better. On my Black Pearl bike I had to be sure to buff any streaks, with the streak free Pledge it is even simpler than before. Sorry if this is a High Jack of the thread.:s

No problem. I too use the Pledge. But it wouldn't take the white off the black powder coat paint. I use Pledge for all detailing now thanks to Glider.

I've used simple green for a long time. For the bike, I've mainly used it on the wheels/tires and underside. I think it is great stuff.

Simple green works...now the big question...what about the "blue" Simple green...?

Back