free website stats program Sideplate hardware | Harley Davidson Forums

Sideplate hardware

R_W_B

A couple of days ago I put in my rear turn signal relo kit. Today I went to install my saddle bag supports which I figured would be much easier than the turn lite relo. But at the back location of the saddlebag support, the bolt is a larger dia. than the old turn signal bolt (that went thru the fender OEM). The larger bolt will not go in these rear holes.
I look in there with a flashlight and it appears a bushing is smaller to accomodate the old turn lite bolt. So I look online at the Harley Sideplate mounting hardware kit and the problem appears to be what is referred to in the supplied manuals as "fender brackets".
Has anyone dealed with this and where does one aquire the fender bracket (these things fit on the inside of the back fender) for the larger rear hole ?

Attachments

• Rigid_Sideplate_Mounting_Kit-J03965.pdf
    211.5 KB · Views: 1
It appears that I have to buy HD part # 53975-06 sideplate hardware kit. I looked at Zanettimotor which is usually great on price but in this case the shipping would have equalled my local shop so I am again waiting on a part. Anyway this part will also give me the hole plug. Not too big a deal since I was mounting bags but will have it now.
$34 bucks for the part, and a 4 to 5 day wait. Hey fixing it up is half the fun right !

Back