free website stats program Showa Lowers?? | Harley Davidson Forums

Showa Lowers??

Joe2007ultra

Hi Guys

Just bought a pair of chromed Showa Lowers. Any one know what the SA number stands for in the Showa Part Number

The Showa number is G5B3-10R SA6
G5B3-10L SA8

The reason I am asking is the Lowers on my bike are SA10 and SA11 Just curious if this is a date thing or something else I need to be concerned with. Before I start ripping it apart want to make sure they will work.

Any info will be greatly appreciated

Regards,

Hi Guys

Just bought a pair of chromed Showa Lowers. Any one know what the SA number stands for in the Showa Part Number

The Showa number is G5B3-10R SA6
G5B3-10L SA8

The reason I am asking is the Lowers on my bike are SA10 and SA11 Just curious if this is a date thing or something else I need to be concerned with. Before I start ripping it apart want to make sure they will work.

Any info will be greatly appreciated

Regards,

I just did a few searches. The HD part # for sliders is the same for '00-'10. All ebay sellers advertise their sliders as fitting '00'-'12. I was able to zoom in on a photo on ebay and it was SA4. So I imagine it's a Showa mfg. code of sorts. HD did change axle size from 1" to 25mm in 2008, but the difference is only .015", so I guess it doesn't matter on the axle holes.
My thought is you are ok, but I assume no liability if I'm wrong.:newsmile011:

Thanks for the info. I am guessing it is a date stamp of some sort. I think I should be ok. Thanks again .
WAP.gif

Back