the 'tan' wire from the battery '+' to the starter relay appears to be pulling too much current when i hit the start button. the original wire was about 16-ga and had some fabric insulation around it plus what looks like shrink tubing. This wire broke, which i chalked up to old age (maybe it burned thru?). i replaced it with some 16-ga wire i had in the garage. this smoked after about 3-sec of the relay clicking away; starter did not turn. my wiring appears to be right. any ideas? also, the starter works fine when you jump the relay terminals.