free website stats program SEPST VIN Controlled | Harley Davidson Forums

SEPST VIN Controlled

cfisher

Hi I have a SEPST. I'm ready in the SE parts catalog and it says the sest is vin controlled and the
Sepst is not vin controlled. Has anyone ever trie using the orange sepst on another bike after using on there own?
I'm assuming not vin controlled means it doesn't marry the bike?
WAP.gif

I see what you mean in the 2012 catalog. Looks like a type-o to me and it should be the other way around. For the most part, the Street Tuner is "view only" and should not be VIN controlled. And the Super Tuner which is all "tunable", should be VIN controlled.

Have you tried to FLASH your ECM with a file that has more than A/F changes to it? If you can, you have a Super Tuner and it has to be married to the ECM.
Without flashing, see if you can pre-fill and load into the software a stage 3 map. Make some changes and see if you can save the file to your hard drive using the "save as" (a new named file) feature. If you can save the modified file to the hard drive, you must have a Super Tuner and it has to be VIN controlled.

How I understand it,,, the orange/black color change only means a later version of hardware circuity (improved commo and choke suppression) and has nothing to do with VIN control.

I think the 2012 catalog was printed backward when it came to VIN Control.

Remember that even a VIN controlled dongle will work on another bike for all features except flashing. You can look at vital I/O data on the fly, and read DTC codes. You just can't flash.

Yes I can do all you ask and I definitely have the pro super tuner. I get what your saying about how it should be and it makes since. It's good to know I can at least view the calibrations on other bikes. Wasn't sure of that either. I'm gonna try hooking to a friends bike and see what happens. I wonder if it at least you view all the info and it's definitely connected to the ECM why it doesn't let u go head and flash it. It will prolly let me view and clear fault codes too. Anyone else have any experience with this?
WAP.gif

By the way hoople. I'm the same guy who had the trouble making it communicate then again saving it. Just an update, all is well and the smart tune recommended many changes. I would say prolly between 25 and 30 cells. I was able to save it and reflash. Bike is running awesome. 0-60 much faster.

I think it was saving it the first time. I printed out the suggested revised map first and was comparing it to the saved map and it was a couple decimals off in each cell like it wasnt saving right Had me confused. Then I printed out the base map which was off by 10 whole points in some cells. I think the saved map was rounded to the nearest half point. Which is why it was different. It was till I compare to the base map I realize this. Just food for the brain
WAP.gif

Back