sell stock pipes??

Discussion in 'Softail Models' started by Jdsmitty10, May 10, 2010.

1. Jdsmitty10

Jdsmitty10 Active Member

I am wondering if there is ANY market out there for stock pipes..i know i know, keep them in case I need them... but does anyone know how much to ask and if there is any where they know that buys them?

2. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

IMO not worth a lot take a look on e bay to see what they would fetch, not a big market for stock pipes thats why so many end up on e bay and craigs list

3. 59Panhead

59Panhead Member

NEVER EVER SELL YOUR STOCK PARTS! When ya sell the bike...its a big Plus to the Buyer that you have all the stock parts ! When Im looking at bikes that friends want to buy......I only look @ bikes that are 100 % STOCK My friends buy em We Trick them out and when they sell them we put all the stock parts back on and sell the high prices aftermarket stuff ! You get a better trade-in from a dealer when the Factory Bike is All Factory Stock !

4. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

Agree w/others - keep the stock parts - you don't know when you'll need to re-install. Also, can get more for the after-market pipes & parts if you ever decide to sell/trade. I've got a corner on my garage shelf designated for all my stock take-offs...unfortunately I'm running out of room...;)

5. Jdsmitty10

Jdsmitty10 Active Member

Ya, I am running out of room too, hence why i want to sell..but it sounds like a smart idea to keep them, from the posts i have seen so far..

6. cromedome

cromedome Active Member

If the noise/emmisions "police" get there way at some point, you will want them back...

7. geezer

geezer Senior Member Contributor

I bought 2 complete exhaust pipes from my dealer for $20. He had a trailer full of take-offs the guys didn't take home when they put their after market pipes on. Needed the room so he was trying to get rid of them. You won't get much for them so you're better off keeping them.

8. Jdsmitty10

Jdsmitty10 Active Member

thanks everyone for the replies...they will continue to collect dust and take up room in my garage.

9. cossak

cossak Member

I hung the stock exhaust and tailpipes from my Fatboy in the attic, dry and they are out of the way.