free website stats program Security System Reset | Harley Davidson Forums

Security System Reset

dolt

Trying to help a friend avoid a trip to the dealer.

Here is the short version. While the security system was activated and ignition unlocked, he turned the ignition on and flipped the STOP/RUN switch to run. He realized he had made a mistake, turned the security system off but now it won't start. Ignition on, STOP/RUN in RUN position and everything lights up but the fuel pump isn't running. I don't know anything about security systems but it sounds like the system reacted and shut down the fule supply. There must be a reset procedure to restore the normal settings but we don't know what it is. He bought the bike used and does not have Owner or Service Manual; bike is an '05 Deuce; stock EFI with Power Commander.

Suggestions??

I don't see where what your friend did would interfere with the bike starting. You didn't mention if the alarm sounded or not but I would think by backtracking and dis arming the alarm properly it should start.

Nothing at all from the pump? How's the fuses?

How about trying to get the PIN number and disarm it with that?

Programming / Using Manual Security Code (both FOB's) - Harley Davidson Community

He is in a different city and I wasn't there when things went haywire, so I don't know exactly what he did. He says that when he flipped the switch to the Run position everything lit up as usual including the odometer but within just a couple of seconds there was an audible click, like a relay popping, and everything shut off; the alarm did not sound. He disarmed with the key fob and got the usual double flash of the signal lights. However after that the next couple of tries got the same result as the first try, just a couple of seconds of dash lit up and then an audible click and nothing.

He then removed the battery, tossed it on the charger, cleaned both terminals and cable ends, pulled the fuses and made sure the prongs were not corroded, and even went so far as to remove the Power Commander. Put all back together and tried her again. This time the ignition stays on and he gets dash lights but there is no sound of the fuel pump starting up.

I found the link you posted and have sent that to him but probably won't hear from him until later today or tomorrow. I know nothing about the H-D security system and haven't been much help. I hope the link will allow him to reset; thanks for the response.

Back