free website stats program Security not switching off on XL1200 | Harley Davidson Forums

Security not switching off on XL1200

TomH65

Hi all,
Every time I go riding in hot sunny weather, then stop for a break parking my bike in sunlight, the security won't disable using the key fob. I carry both key fobs on every journey now, but it will only turn off the security when the bike has cooled down.
In cold weather, there is no such problem.
Anyone have an explanation for this problem?
Is it the receiver overheating? New batteries have been installed, but still have the same problem.

Never heard of such an issue. I live in Arizona and I know hot (been in the triple digits for a month) and have never experienced what you describe.

It could be your TSSM with heat problem. Or possibly the antennae going open in the heat. Carry a can of computer compress air for cooling each item down. I don't know where they are located on an XL. Is the Fob button or button less?
tourbox

Never heard of such an issue. I live in Arizona and I know hot (been in the triple digits for a month) and have never experienced what you describe.
Hot over here is in the 80's (F) and not so often, but I had the problem last summer and twice so far this year.

It could be your TSSM with heat problem. Or possibly the antennae going open in the heat. Carry a can of computer compress air for cooling each item down. I don't know where they are located on an XL. Is the Fob button or button less?
tourbox
I believe it is under the seat on my Sportster. I ran the diagnostics and it came up with no problems. But I didn't try it while the problem occurred, all I got was the flashing turn signals that wouldn't switch off.
The fob has a button. I replaced the batteries recently thinking that was the problem, but it happened again in hot weather.

You only have 3 items for the security. The Turn Signal Security Module(TSSM), the antennae, & the fob. Something is going open with the heat I would think or a loose connection with the heat.
tourbox

You only have 3 items for the security. The Turn Signal Security Module(TSSM), the antennae, & the fob. Something is going open with the heat I would think or a loose connection with the heat.
tourbox
Thanks tourbox. I will check out all the wiring connections that I can get access to.

Back