free website stats program Security Cut Off | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Security Cut Off

not to steal your thread but i have a similar problem..i have exactly the same bike a 2008 883 and for some weird reason it just wont start at all, doesnt even try to turn over..and the battery life is fine. I did mess with the handle bar placement a little today and was wondering if that somehow messed with my alarm system because when i try to start the bike it stays armed..i will try to switch out the battery on the fob to see if thats the issue but i doubt thats it because it started fine just three days ago, anybody know if i can just disconnect the alarm to start the bike..any suggestions would be appreciated..

not to steal your thread but i have a similar problem..i have exactly the same bike a 2008 883 and for some weird reason it just wont start at all, doesnt even try to turn over..and the battery life is fine. I did mess with the handle bar placement a little today and was wondering if that somehow messed with my alarm system because when i try to start the bike it stays armed..i will try to switch out the battery on the fob to see if thats the issue but i doubt thats it because it started fine just three days ago, anybody know if i can just disconnect the alarm to start the bike..any suggestions would be appreciated..

Alarms and Security Related Issues - Harley Davidson Community the information in the self help section should give you the answers you need, I hope this helps:s

Well, I felt too foolish to post that my problem was easily resolved by replacing the coin battery's on both fobs...never thought of the most obvious solution. Thanks to Hoople and everyone else....I also took the bike to the dealer service department a couple of years ago during a routine maintenance and asked them to deactivate the security system and they said they couldn't...thanks everyone. No ride today...pouring in Seattle.

The battery replacement is probably the biggest cause of problems with the alarms. Many overlook the simple thing of replacing it. You're not the first and will not be the last to overlook it.

Back