seat fastener

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by banjo picker, Nov 29, 2010.

1. banjo picker

banjo picker Member

Hello
    Removing my seat off my FLHTCUTG is a 'work in the dark',at best! Does anyone make a screw with a long turled head so that you don't need to start your screw with a screw driver,you can get it started with your fingers ? Hope this makes sence. Thanks for any info.

2. texas tom

texas tom Active Member

Yes HD has one that is a knurled knob so you dont need tools to remove the seat. Dont know how much it is bought one a few years ago....

3. futurerider

futurerider Active Member

4. banjo picker

banjo picker Member

Thats exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks BP

5. futurerider

futurerider Active Member

Glad that is what you are looking for. T T had it right, I just knew where to find it :)

6. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

7. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Yep - occasionally a thread pops up about this. Sad fact is that anything detachable on your bike is an easy target for someone with no morals about taking other people's stuff. Park in visible areas and carry adequate insurance so you don't have to stress out about it.

8. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

Dr. D is right. Locks only keep honest people honest. If a thief wants something he will find a way to get it. Quick detach means just that, insurance that has good coverage gives some peace of mind.

9. Cyclops

Cyclops Active Member

Never admit to your insurance carrier that you have quick detachables or thumb screws!!! I'm not suggesting anyone lie if they're asked, just don't volunteer such information.:57:

10. sprinkman

sprinkman Active Member

Hey Banjo Picker make sure it will work I bought one can not remember why it didn't work or if it is the same one you are looking at it never fit my Tri-Glide.