Seat Differences 08 - 09 Ultra ?

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by j.lawson, Oct 5, 2012.

1. j.lawson

j.lawson Member

Hey guys, Ive been looking for a new used seat for my 08 Ultra and understand there are changes made from 08 to 09 and later. Just wondering if they are a (will not fit) or just cosmetic differance. And if its a no fit situation, how far back, in years, will fit the 08?
    Thanks John

2. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

My buddy just bought a seat for his '07, but they sent him a seat for a '09 and later. When he called to exchange it, they said none in stock. According to him, the difference is in the front tab (male vs. female?). He said it was easy to fab a fix and it now works fine. I deleted his email, so I can't give you the exact procedure. Just remembered, his is a solo, may make a difference.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
  3. BUBBIE

BUBBIE Well-Known Member

You have to remember that the 09 model year tourings, had a BIG change in the frame.
    Swing arm wider with a wider tire (180) so that means a wider fender also.:D

signed....BUBBIE

4. cdyoung29

cdyoung29 Member

I was told the 08 will fit a 09 but the 09 and later will not work on a 08. The 08 is wider in the seat frame area. I was told I was pretty much limited to the 08 seats only.

5. nfusion

nfusion Active Member

i took the seat off my 08 and it fit fine on my 09

6. nfusion

nfusion Active Member

the 08 was and flhtc and the 09 was the same flhtc

7. j.lawson

j.lawson Member

Thanks for the help guys. I think Im going to send my existing seat to Mean City for a makeover.