Seat comfort Problems

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by Roklock, Jun 28, 2009.

1. Roklock

Roklock Member

Hi,

I am getting tailbone pain and looking for suggestions. I have a fatboy and have put a deepbucket sundowner seat on it to try and help but still get the pain when going on longer rides.

Any suggestions at what I should consider? Anybody try any of the gel seat pads that are put on top or your seat?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Steve

2. Stoney61

Stoney61 Member

I agree....it could be handlebar position. Do you sit in a "natural" position now, or do you reach forward to the bars, arching your back. Try to get a handlebar position that allows you to sit upright comfortably....that may help.

3. Roklock

Roklock Member

Yeh, already did the handlebars too...after the seat change. It definately helped my riding position.

Carlini cleansweep - 10 1/2" rise & 9 1/2" pullback.

4. Stoney61

Stoney61 Member

Safe to assume that its better now? Have you tested it on a long ride yet?

5. williamstringer

williamstringer Member

You might try Mean City Cycles about modifing the seat. I did that and it helped me a lot.

6. Roklock

Roklock Member

Yes, better but not for a long day of riding. I am good for 1 1/2 - 2 hours but then need an extended break.

Doing the 4 - 5 hours with 15 minute breaks by the end of the day I am ready to get off the bike.

Williamstringer - never heard of them but found them by googling, will give them a call. Thanks!!

7. scrinch

scrinch Active Member

I know that after putting on a back rest mystock RKC seat got way more comfy. Don't know if it would help in this case, but being able to lean back also changed my butt position.