free website stats program SE255 Cams | Harley Davidson Forums

SE255 Cams

braddebs

I need a little help, I have a 2011 Electra Glide Limited w/103ci, I need more power for two up riding. The tech a my dealership said the se255's would be great for what i'm wanting. The bike has s&s tuned headers, v&h oval slip-ons, se heavy breather, and sepst (not sure what it's called) (harley's race tuner) that has been dyno'ed. They run a winter special of $1300 for the cams, push rods,
dyno, and labor. What do you think?

I think they are trying to take you to the cleaners.
3 hours to R & R the cams. They will cut the pushrods so the won't have to open the rocker boxes. Cams and pushrods around 450 or so. And MAYBE an hour for the dyno....Just sayin.

At first glance, doesn't appear to be much of a "special". However, you need the price broken down into parts and labor before you can evaluate the price.

The cams and push rods may be around $450 and then there is the gaskets and shop supplies which bring your around the $500 mark. HD shops charge $75 a hour for labor and HD shop usally charge $500 to do a Dyno tune so that puts you at $1300 if it takes 4 hours to install the cams and push rods. You can get the work done for less at a Indy especially the Dyno tune which usually cost around $300 for a good tuner to do. I have heard good thing about the T-man 555 tourqesters cams so you may want to consider that as a option.

Back