SE ST or SE PT - I'm confused

Discussion in 'Engine, Fuel and Exhaust' started by jafhdo, Sep 29, 2010.

1. jafhdo

jafhdo Member

My ride is a 2010 SG. My local dealer says I need to add the SEST #32109-08B (quotes $459.95) to add A/C. HD accessories doesn't show it but shows a SE Street Performance Tuner Kit #41000008 $329.95.

When I D/L the SE .pdf file from HD it shows a SE Pro ST #32109-08A with no MSRP.

Anyone familar the SE parts and knows the differences?

TIA

2. Hoople

Hoople Account Removed

$459.95 is the correct MSRP for the SEST. That unit allows the end user to do whatever he wants to the maps. Comes with software to enable commo w/ laptop.

The #41000008 is a Dongle only to be used by the dealership to install EPA approved maps.

Either will do the job. Each does marry to your ECM only.

3. jafhdo

jafhdo Member

Thanks for the quick response Hoop. I was beginning to think I was going crazy from IIO (internet information overload)

4. Hoople

Hoople Account Removed

Plus you have other Great options like a TFI. That is a Great alternative to the Big$$ kits.

5. jafhdo

jafhdo Member

I've gotten that from the self-help area. I've asked two of the local HD dealers and neither of them are familar with (or willing to admit it) the dobec TFI.

6. BUBBIE

BUBBIE Well-Known Member

MY opinion is they would Rather SELL you their product EVEN if the TFI works Better IMO.... I like the TFI on my 09FLHR and IT does the Job RIGHT...

I also like the tuning possibilities that are Made Easy with a small screwdriver..... TFI installed on the bike, Right off the show room floor (stock) then later tune to the stage one OR future mods without a computer or hard to figure Maps...

signed....BUBBIE

7. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

This is how Harley is able to sell a fueler and stay within the guidelines of EPA. This is to reduce the owners tinkering with emissions. So I would think with all the R&D needed to meet criteria of EPA that is why the Harley price is so much more than other fuelers.