free website stats program screaming eagle pistons | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

screaming eagle pistons

Okay here it goes. I had a bolt come loose off of the a/c backing plate. It got sucked through the throttle body into the front cylinder. Trash the front head, broke the cylinder skirt, broke a piston, and bent a connecting rod on the flywheel. I have since bought 2 new cylinders, oil pump, had the flywheel and head repaired. The reason why I went with the screaming eagle pistons is I was on eBay one night and came across a set that where brand new. Got an awesome deal on them so I bought them.
WAP.gif
That Explains it perfectly Dude. I was thinking that you were pulling it down just to install the pistons. When you say you bent a con rod, have you had the rod repaired. apparently the cranks on the 04 up sportys are non rebuildable, and a new crank in the U.k. is £1000 + I found an enginner to do mine, he had a new pin made and got a new S+S bearing (my origanal crankpin was damaged) I would strip that motor right down and make sure there are no metal particles still lurking in there. Its alot of work, But better than doing the top and having a problem because of metal debris still in there. Clean out the oil tank and pipes too. All the best, hope your on the road again soon.

Yes they are non rebuildable (flywheels on 04 and up). But then again eBay can be good. Found one for 200.00 bucks.
WAP.gif

Yes they are non rebuildable (flywheels on 04 and up). But then again eBay can be good. Found one for 200.00 bucks.
WAP.gif
Thats a bargain, Parts here cost a fortune, its better owning a harley in the states than it is here, when it comes to cost, all the best

Back