free website stats program Screamin Eagle Mufflers for 2012 Fatboy - Question? | Harley Davidson Forums

Screamin Eagle Mufflers for 2012 Fatboy - Question?

leeanders

Harley offers (for 2012 FLSTF Fatboy) the following part number for the Screamin Eagle Mufflers: #80680-12

These mufflers, I understand are much quieter, and may have Cat Converters incorporated within them.

The models (for Fatboy) up to 2006 - which then was P/N# 80445-03 does not have Cat Converters and are a bit more open, and have a more pleasing sound.

My Question: Does anyone know if the header pipes on the 2012 are the same diameter as the ones on the 2006? And if the muffler connections points are the same?

I want to install the older version (still available - on some parts websites) - but am not sure they will fit the 2012 Fatboy?

Is there anyone out there who can advise me on this matter?

Thanks!

Re: Harley exhaust

Have a set of new HD SE slip-on's ordered for my fatboy. Just discovered they are going to have CATS inside the mufflers.

I owned a set of SE's in 2004, at that time they did not have CATS and were really nice sounding and torquey mufflers. Seems starting in 2006 (and all forward) they have CATS installed in them.

Has anyone drilled out the CATS, either partially or completely, and if so what difference did it make? If it reduced back pressure, did it reduce torque? All information will be appreciated.

Have a set of new HD SE slip-on's ordered for my fatboy. Just discovered they are going to have CATS inside the mufflers.

I owned a set of SE's in 2004, at that time they did not have CATS and were really nice sounding and torquey mufflers. Seems starting in 2006 (and all forward) they have CATS installed in them.

Has anyone drilled out the CATS, either partially or completely, and if so what difference did it make? If it reduced back pressure, did it reduce torque? All information will be appreciated.

Have you got a part number? I do not see it in the 13 P A catalog?

Page 461 of the 2013 Motor parts and access catalog. P/N 80680-12 - choice of black or chrome.

Page 461 of the 2013 Motor parts and access catalog. P/N 80680-12 - choice of black or chrome.

No where do I see any thing on that page about cats, only about baffles and EPA compliant

I would like to think you are right.....but from what I've heard they are there, as being the only way they can be EPA compliant. I pick them up tomorrow - then I will know for sure.

I would like to think you are right.....but from what I've heard they are there, as being the only way they can be EPA compliant. I pick them up tomorrow - then I will know for sure.

:s Good Luck and let us know how you like them:s

Back