free website stats program samson ovals | Harley Davidson Forums

samson ovals

Trek

Hey everyone,

I'm still undecided about what exhaust to go to when I get my bike (2010 ultra) this fall or next spring. My buddy has an 02 ultra with samson ovals and I really like the deep throaty rumble to them. Question... he said when he installed them that he could look right through them, does that mean there is not a baffle in them? From what I have read these bikes need a baffle for back pressure and all around better performance. What size baffle should the pipes have?
Thanks for the help.

If you can look right through them, it's a perforated core to deaden the sound with little restriction for the backpressure needed to run properly. Baffles in the area of 1 3/4" would be the best size.

Thanks Glider,

I was afraid you were going to say that. My next set I'm looking at are the V&H monster ovals but I would really like to hear them in real life, I guess I'll just to have to keep an eye out for someone with them on.

Thanks for all the input. Hobbit are the V&H monsters much louder than the stock? I'm really not looking for outrageous loud, I do want to be able to hear the tunes but want that deep throaty rumble. One more question, while trying to figure out the pipes should I get the TFI and put it on even while it's stock?

Thanks again. I have listened to that clip a few times I know how sometimes the sound doesn't come across on the computer quite like in person. If that is pretty close to the actual sound I like it.

Hobbit,I changed out to the slash cut slip-ons they give you a nice HD sound,but aren't loud enough to drown out the radio,and you can still talk to your passenger:D

http/www.harley-davidson.com/media/images/productphotos/PNA/80491_07_M_22e28.jpg

Screamin' Eagle® Street Performance Slip-On Mufflers - One Piece - Slash Down

Street Performance Touring Mufflers combine aggressive sound quality with aggressive performance results. High flow internal design produces performance you can feel, comparable to Screamin' Eagle® II race-use mufflers. Street legal, these chrome-plated mufflers feature a new ballisticshape inlet and a deep embossed "Screamin' Eagle®" signature script. Street legal on stock displacement engines. Patent Pending.

Back