free website stats program Salt - wash after riding, ok? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Salt - wash after riding, ok?

I've got my bike a couple of years now and ride all year round.
I hear loads of people who just put away their bikes from Nov - March 'cos its too cold AND they don't wanna get road salt on their bike. Salt? they make it sound like its bubonic plague....
Surely, if you give the bike a good wash, dry & polish after every ride, what's the problem? I mean, does it keep you off the road for a whole winter?
Just wondrin.

First, I'd need a nice heated garage with a water supply and drainage to wash the bike in.
Second, I'd need to completely scrape my driveway down to gravel to get out onto the highway.
Third, minus 30 just ain't fun to ride in (unless it's on a sled and I'm covered in layers of clothing).

Nah, I'll just leave her covered up in the garage.

First, I'd need a nice heated garage with a water supply and drainage to wash the bike in.
Second, I'd need to completely scrape my driveway down to gravel to get out onto the highway.
Third, minus 30 just ain't fun to ride in (unless it's on a sled and I'm covered in layers of clothing).

Nah, I'll just leave her covered up in the garage.

Well, at least you've got ice fishing and sledding to keep you occupied until things warm up again.

As for Rawldy in Northern Ireland, I guess you do what you have to do.

lol

Back