free website stats program Salt Springs In February | Page 57 | Harley Davidson Forums

Salt Springs In February

Coming to Salt Springs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He certainly deserves some type of award for all the miles he traveled. And then having to put up with all of us at Salt Springs. Then he traveled to Suwannee and put up with Kat and I and the "rustic" cottage. Right Joe??

I think he'd rather camp in the snow than do that again!!..LOL

Graig; Where was that picture taken? Give us a story of you and Lorne's trip from FL. to home.
Hi Breeze and everyone else. Yes I was in Amarillo TX 19" or snow. I was riding a tail wine and 66° weather from Tyler TX toward Amarillo and could see that front line in front of me. I wanted to stop and take a picture but Lorne wasn't there so I took advantage of 46+ MPG and drove right into it. 17 miles from Amarillo the wind turned straight into me and seem instaneously to turn my reserve light on. Did pull off to plug in as it was a good 30° plunge in temperature. 100 miles north they got very little, but even 3 days after the snow it was bad when I took off. The worst part was a car had hit black ice and the cops were there telling me to slow down. But it was a construction deal where you took the off ramp through an intersection and then up the on ramp (where the 4 wheel drive suv was) so I had to maintain some speed. Ruby was very unhappy with the situation but somehow I made it to solid footing. Had a truck behind me but he backed off and I could hear the cops saying there is no way that dude is coming out the other side. Gets the pucker going just typing it.

He certainly deserves some type of award for all the miles he traveled. And then having to put up with all of us at Salt Springs. Then he traveled to Suwannee and put up with Kat and I and the "rustic" cottage. Right Joe??
This is really the great story of my adventure. What great folks treated me so graciously. Lorne and his coordinator Angie in Lufkin, Joe and Cindy in Gulfport, Mississippi. Rus was my room mate in Salt Springs, and Larry and Don let me stay in their cabin Sunday night as well as driving Lorne and I into Palatka, FL for some food and the Cheyenne Saloon. Don and Kat in Suwannee, FL. Jack and Denise ...Josh too in Jacksonville, FL. Just so you all know you got chips to cash in if you get to Colorado Springs. God Bless you all for the comfort you gave my wife while I was on this crazy 4271 mile ride

Hi Breeze and everyone else. Yes I was in Amarillo TX 19" or snow. I was riding a tail wine and 66° weather from Tyler TX toward Amarillo and could see that front line in front of me. I wanted to stop and take a picture but Lorne wasn't there so I took advantage of 46+ MPG and drove right into it. 17 miles from Amarillo the wind turned straight into me and seem instaneously to turn my reserve light on. Did pull off to plug in as it was a good 30° plunge in temperature. 100 miles north they got very little, but even 3 days after the snow it was bad when I took off. The worst part was a car had hit black ice and the cops were there telling me to slow down. But it was a construction deal where you took the off ramp through an intersection and then up the on ramp (where the 4 wheel drive suv was) so I had to maintain some speed. Ruby was very unhappy with the situation but somehow I made it to solid footing. Had a truck behind me but he backed off and I could hear the cops saying there is no way that dude is coming out the other side. Gets the pucker going just typing it.

Glad you made it OK. Some people can handle ice and snow better than some can handle sand...LOL

Glad you made it OK. Some people can handle ice and snow better than some can handle sand...LOL
Joe you know Don took Lorne and I through that intersection...you got to go the wrong way a ¼ mile and flip a U to drive back to the intersection that was straight ahead of you in the first place. Messed up in the daylight and even worse at night. Just so you know I had no right to make it up that ramp I leaning toward devine intervention as the only explanation.

Joe you know Don took Lorne and I through that intersection...you got to go the wrong way a ¼ mile and flip a U to drive back to the intersection that was straight ahead of you in the first place. Messed up in the daylight and even worse at night. Just so you know I had no right to make it up that ramp I leaning toward devine intervention as the only explanation.

Permanently etched into my memory (until I forget it):D

Back