free website stats program Saggy bag | Harley Davidson Forums

Saggy bag

buck484

Contributor
Hi All, I remember reading a thread, dealing with bags that had become saggy, and someone wrote about filling the bag with sand to re-shape. I would like to try this but am unable to find the thread. Any one know where to look? Thanks again

I don't know about filling 'em with sand...but I heard that you could use nylon plastic sheet, cut to fit to line the inside...there is also a manufacturer who offers them at a rather steep price. Myself, I use one of those nylon liners that doubles as a soft portable cooler...they have a little stiffener/insulation that works to help the bags keep shape. Of course the trick is to measure the inside and search around in sporting goods stores and camp supply places (found a set in the local thrift store)...but garage sales and others sources are possible, you have to be patient to get EXACTLY the right size.

I just had the boss bag inserts put in my 09 ... they look real nice. A little $$ but in the long run will be well worth it... I just happened to be in Wisconsin stopped in and was on my way in 20 ninutes.

Thanks for the help. I found the site for saggybags and ordered a set . I'll let you know how they turn out.

Back