free website stats program Safety Gear | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Safety Gear

My personal safety equipment is a $39.00 helmet,running shoes,sometimes work boots,jeans,t-shirt or tank top,leather jacket if its cold out and thats about it.

Stormrider51 pretty much covered the bases. Good job Stormrider51! The only change I'd make is to always wear full gloves. I use to race flat track and my gloves use to get bet up pretty bad when I went down, among other items, but full gloves is a must. Also, I'd just add that full leather pants is a very good idea. Any padding is good too especially if you're an old goat like me!
Ugly John

Last edited:
Good suggestions John. In contrast to your comments, I hop on the bike with whatever I'm wearing. Not good if something bad happens.

Last edited:
When i went down last saturday. I had 3/4 helmet with face shield that was down, half gloves, chaps, leather vest, hd windbreaker jacket, the ornage/black hd raingear (jacket,pants, and foot/leg gators, hd riding boots (above the ankle) is the key,
hd day/night glasses with the foam insert in place.
Helmet intact but scratched, didn't get home with the glasses, not usre if lost in wreck or if left them lay somewhere before we got headed home, all gear intact . Jacket has dirt/grass marks on the back and foot/leg gators have whole in toes but both boot intact. Gloves also intact. Not a scratch on me just alot of bumps and bruises. I hit a concrete culvert after entering a ditch. It pays to wear the gear. I also am bad about not wearing a jacket or long sleeves in the summer and i have a mesh jacket. I pretty positive without the proper footwear i would have a broken ankle. Play it safe especially if you have a family.

Back