free website stats program Saddlebags | Harley Davidson Forums

Saddlebags

david56387

Hello,
I am looking for Leather saddlebags which will fit my 883 (2001)
without installing a rear signal adaptor kit.
Has any one found a "best fit"?
thanks,
David

Leather Pros make great saddle bags for Sportster Models! It depends on what size you go with on whether or not you'll need a turn signal relocate. They are a nice size and a detachable. Hope this helps!! The link will take you right to their Sportster Saddle Bags page.

sporty

Hello,
I am looking for Leather saddlebags which will fit my 883 (2001)
without installing a rear signal adaptor kit.
Has any one found a "best fit"?
thanks,
David

Most any throwover bags with a medium length center "yoke" will do the deed just fine. You may have to trim the yoke, secured under the seat and fit so the rear is held by your turn signal and the front by the shock mount tower. You will need the Harley saddle square frame rod/bracket to keep the bags from fouling the back wheel. :newsmile071:

I used Drag Specialties previous model version because they were a little larger than the Harley throwover ones, which are a very good buy for all leather (verses "pleather" though, if you ride in the rain a lot, may prefer) and if you go to HD dealer like Zanotti's which offers them at at up to 20% discount, no tax on out of state Internet yet...such a deal! If price is ($300-400) is reasonable, Leatherworks Inc. makes the heaviest guage all leather bags and offers them in studs, braid and concho models if you are so inclined. :small3d036:

Agreed Richard,

I think the Sportys and the Dynas look much better without bags while the Classics and big Tourers need them to "complete" the look. I think it's just down to the whole image of the scoot. That said, it'd be so handy to have some easy on/off bags for my Sporty for when you want to carry a few bits of gear. If you have a rack or cissy bar, you can always get those cylindrical leather bags (some even come with a lumber support - the name escapes me but I've seen them advertizing for H-Ds.

Back