free website stats program Saddlebag support question | Harley Davidson Forums

Saddlebag support question

SweetMilo2k

Hi there,

I want to put saddlebags on my '92 XLH883.
I also saw I need those brackets for the saddlebag support.
But in the info of the brackets it says that the rear indicators have to be relocated.
Can anybody tell me what this means in terms of where the lights are gonna go?
Is it hard to do?
Does anyone have pictures of their Sporty with the brackets on?

It realize it's a lot of questions, but I want to know this before I get into trouble.

Does this mean I have to get new wires as well?
As the current will probably be too short?

No, the wires are fine. I relocated them to the sides of the license plate bracket. I think they look better there. Pretty easy project...3 on a 1 to 10 scale. You can see them if you look at the pic of my Sporty in the Galleries.

I'll try to find your pic, sharky.

edit: Sorry Shark, I can't find your pic. I'll drop by my local HD-service guy.

Last edited:
Okay, thanks Shark.
This gives me a pretty good idea of what it is gonna look like.

BTW the HD 2009 Accessory "Bible" has the HD wire frame type bag spacers. Your bike is an earlier model, but you might also want to check out the site below that Glider found recently. (Part 2) shows how to relocate turn signals w/ layback license plate holder; how to put on aftermarket locking mounting brackets (fits different brands of removable leather bags like Leatherworks and others. It's a little long, but worth the view...! You may have friends who would work with you or at least know how the HD dealer would do it! :coffee

2004 Sportster Custom Introduction

Thanx for the info.
But I already have the brackets and the bags installed.
Without relocating the indicatorlights.
I just had to cut away a little piece of leather.
It's not bad.

Thanx for the info.
But I already have the brackets and the bags installed.
Without relocating the indicatorlights.
I just had to cut away a little piece of leather.
It's not bad.

Yeah, I hear you, I wanted to keep within a budget, so I moved by rear indicator lights by 1 position (they help center my throwover 14"Wx 17"Tx5"W leather bags). Used HD frames to keep them away from the wheels and secured yoke under the seat...Drag Specialties product works great. :D

Back