free website stats program S100 Stains on Brushed Aluminum | Harley Davidson Forums

S100 Stains on Brushed Aluminum

4Barrel

I (stupidly!) did not thoroughly wash S100 of my bike, and now have stains all over the brushed aluminum rocker covers, belt cover, primary cover, everywhere! UUGH!

So, i search this site but couldn't find anything that specifically addressed S100 stains. I tried a little mothers aluminum polish, and it does seem to work a little bit, but was wondering if anyone has a better solution...

Help welcome and appreciated!

:(

Update: Used Mothers Aluminum paste with success in removing the s100 stains. Just need to rub it long enough for the paste to turn black, and then continue. Only need a moderate amount of paste, but the longer you rub it in the, better. Didn't try the powerball, but i image that would help getting the tight spots.
:cheers

MAYBE IT'S JUST ME but from a lifetime or riding an cleaning I AINT EVEN A FAN OF S 100. as far as i'm concerned it's just a water based lye and i know for a fact its very harsh. have'nt used it in yrs and wont in the future......

My experience with S100 is also not good. It will enter sealed bearings on wheels and cause pitting and eventual failure. Good product for oil and grease removal, but Dawn works nearly as well and I've never experienced a bearing failure using Dawn.

Ride Safe

Jake

I've used the engine brightner and like it. Don't spray it too heavy or it will make a glossy spot on the matte finish. I also use it on the black brake calipers with great results. It works best (obviously) when the engine is clean and free of bugs, dirt, etc.
It makes the engine look like new.

I (stupidly!) did not thoroughly wash S100 of my bike, and now have stains all over the brushed aluminum rocker covers, belt cover, primary cover, everywhere! UUGH!

So, i search this site but couldn't find anything that specifically addressed S100 stains. I tried a little mothers aluminum polish, and it does seem to work a little bit, but was wondering if anyone has a better solution...

Help welcome and appreciated!

:(

Once you get the stains off with the Mothers, go and throw the S-100 into the garbage. That stuff is junk. The engine brightener is okay, but the cleaner is terrible. It is very harsh and leaves spots. Spots on black plastic never come off.

Back