free website stats program rust? | Harley Davidson Forums

rust?

09 deluxe

I have a garage to store my bike in that has a cement floor and is heated to above freezing. The garage is not room temperature, but above freezing.
Someone mentioned to me that a cement floor can cause to underside of anything to rust. Is this true? Should I put a sheet of plywood under the bike?

Condensation will make its way through a concrete floor.It can cause rust and will cause dry rott to occur to your tires.

A good idea to place something under the bike if not moved for an extended period.

All kindsof usefull info on winterizing in the self help.

Condensation will make its way through a concrete floor.It can cause rust and will cause dry rott to occur to your tires.

A good idea to place something under the bike if not moved for an extended period.

YOU can get fancy and put PLASTIC tiles made especially for this purpose of parking on or like I DO and

use a 4x8 piece of PLYWOOD with a piece of plastic lining UNDER the plywood..... THIS will keep the MOISTURE OFF your bike...

I park on this wood n plastic and leave it down YEAR AROUND..

cement DRAWS MOISTURE ,,,,moisture is ALWAYS passing up thru it..... even in the desert areas where dry....

signed....BUBBIE

Hiya im in same position:bigsmiley6: i covered the garage floor with 2" cardboard to stop concrete sweating:small3d023:

i covered the entire garage floor with interlocking rubber mats......they r great. if yuou drop something (tools, parts, beers) they dont break. u just need one of those parking disks

Putting someyhing between the concrete and your bike is a good idea, but to keep the moisture from gathering on the bike I use a goldenrod. You can also purchase a piano humidity rod at any music store. The rod produces about 40w of heat and with a breathable cover I don't have any moisture problems down here in humid Florida.

I keep my bike on the bike lift with the safety on in case the hydrolic cylinder bleeds down. It does several things... Keeps the tires from "Flat spotting", Rest the suspension, makes tires & rims easy to clean, and the bike can be easily moved with the caster wheels on the lift... :D

Back