free website stats program Route 221 VA to FL | Harley Davidson Forums

Route 221 VA to FL

PetieJ

Been thinking about a different bike route/trip to take. Just looking at a map we notice that Route 221 runs from Lynchburg, VA to Perry, FL., 743 miles. Being from VA., we have ridden 221 many times covering the VA. and NC sections. This area is mostly in the mountains of both states.
Can anyone add info as to how the road is through SC., GA., and FL? Wondering if it would be a good road trip to FL gulf coast via this route?

I have ridden a lot of 221 (in your area too). It is a good road in Ga and Fl. It's very rural in Ga, light traffic. There's other nice roads, but for just following one road, I'd recommend it.

That's something I did not know, or had never noticed. I knwe Rte221 went from Va to NC, but had no idea it went thru SC, GA, & to FL. Being from Roanoke, I ride it quite often. Sounds like a good reason for another road trip to me.

Same for me 92FXRS. Living in Danville, never really paid any attention to the road further south then southern NC. We just got to looking for roads south of us, other then the Parkway, happened to notice it. I have got to give it a try. Would make a great 4 or 5 day trip for me and the lady.
Thanks Breeze3at for the info.

PetieJ; If you've never been there, Perry FL. is a nice town. It has a couple of good seafood places. Look for small mom and pop type places. The closer to the water or more decrepit they look, the better the food usually is. :s

PetieJ; If you've never been there, Perry FL. is a nice town. It has a couple of good seafood places. Look for small mom and pop type places. The closer to the water or more decrepit they look, the better the food usually is. :s

YES SEAFOOD!!! My favorite food. Those are the places we usually look for, mom & pops. No fast food or "name" restaurants for us. Most M & Ps have the nice and friendly folks running them along with the good food.
Never been there but hope to real soon before the "cane" season in the Gulf starts up. Thanks

Back