free website stats program Rode my friends Ultra | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Rode my friends Ultra

In my opinion between the 2 bikes...road king has the better looks/handling. But you all seem to forget about the Dyna Bikes. They are called the real motorcyclist motorcylcle. To me the best feel and ride hands down. So I say...one day you will own a Dyna!

I rented a Road King and a Road Glide before deciding which one I wanted to buy. The Road King won on looks but I felt more comfortable on the Road Glide. That was probably because I already had an 05 Goldwing.

I rode a friend's UC and it handles like the Road Glide. Loved the storage room but had too many bells and whistles, and sitting so close to the windshield and the instruments gave me a closed-in feeling. I bought the Road Glide and haven't regretted it. If I had the money though, I'd also buy a Road King. Love those classic white sidewalls and the turquoise/white paint combination.

In my opinion between the 2 bikes...road king has the better looks/handling. But you all seem to forget about the Dyna Bikes. They are called the real motorcyclist motorcylcle. To me the best feel and ride hands down. So I say...one day you will own a Dyna!

Besides several different big engine builds on my 2000 FXDS dyna and a 6 speed gear set-up, I put a total of over 117,000 miles on that bike.. It looked as new as the 09 FLHR that i bought to replace it.

I also would suggest a scream'n eagle fork brace to make it Best in the "sportster like handling" in the twisters.

bubbie

Actually, the real "motorcyclist's motorcycle" is whatever trips THAT biker's trigger!

That said, only the younger riders will say it's the Dyna series! :D

The older guys like me all know that the Dyna's Big Daddy, The FXR series, is the most legendary handling bike in the history of the MoCo, and only degenerated into the later Dyna series because of cost considerations!

Nuff said, Richard is 100 here the FXR Dynas were the best fx series period, I love my Streetbob but it aint no Dyna Daytona or a FXRS:p and I aint no spring chicken @ 58 I have rode them all cept the XR1000

Last edited by a moderator:
CalgaryBikeBum, bought up one thing that I find incredibly generous...a friend who will let you ride side by side. Many of us go through enjoying our rides, but how many times do we have the opportunity to share with a close riding buddy on the same road and compare seat of the pants impressions.

No pressure, no worries, just the sharing of the joy of riding...! Not the same as going on a test ride at a dealer, and without the sales pressure, just real up and close feedback by a rider who can tell you what his nits and picks straight up. That bit of "spur of the moment" experience is like the most memorable ride...enjoy the momemt...how is that for an experience worth more than a thousand words.

Yeah, I had the same issues. Wife won out, got the Ultra. Lowered the rear shocks, and they say if you put on tallboy seat it sits liket the Glide.
th_motorcycle001.jpg

My wife and I rented all the touring bikes before buying, RG, SG, RK and the Ultra, after the ultra my wife said you can buy anyone you want as long as its the Ultra. So for our 10th wedding anniversary we got an ultra. I love her.
WAP.gif

I've tried them all on a road test. I always go back to the RK. I don't use a windshield and smooth air is all I want. With the Ultra and Road Glide the air coming up underneath the fairing over 60 mph made my helmet shake. To each his own. I'm glad there are so many models to choose from...fun for everyone.

Thorns

Back