free website stats program road king won't start | Harley Davidson Forums

road king won't start

clantz

Rode sun night,all was well.Monday morning it just cranked but wouldn't start.I tried it a couple more times during the day and then it started.Shut it off and started it a few times in the garage and it seemed ok.I went for a quick spin,back to the garage,tried it a couple more times and it seemed fine.Today,it won't start again.I cranked it over and checked for spark at the plug and got no spark from the plug wire.I tried another forum and got advice to check stored engine codes.From what I've read,that is only on 04 and newer bikes.Mine is an 01.I bought it new,have never had any issues with it.Had a dealer installed 95 kit put on at about20k,now at 54k.Changed cam shoes at around 35k.I just rode to Sturgis last year and put over 5k on it with no issues.'01 roadking,fuel inj

Thanks for the info.Can u tell me where it came from,cause I have the Fac Service manual and I couldn't find it in there....Anyway,I did as it says and the after the initial on and off,it just came on and stayed on,I read somewhere else that may mean there are no codes.Just for (edited) n giggles I tried to start it again,no start and again the code results were the same. (none)What do I check next? Is there any way to check the Crank pos sensor??or any of the other sensors that may stop it from firing.Plug wires are new last summer.Coil is original.I really hate to just start replacing (edited) !!!

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

I assumed it was getting fuel,but I checked last night and it's not.No fuel,no spark.C'mon guys,I need some help.How about the Ckp sensor.Does anyone know how to check it,I wuld guess it sends 12v to the ecu when it sees the crank

pull the crank sensor and see if it has stuff on it ..

Last edited:
Thanks,glider,
new to this site,i found the procedure.going out of town for work for a week or so,but i will check it when i get back.i'll post when i find out for sure what it is,later,Bro

I pulled the ckp sensor,it looked clean,so i took an ohm reading and it read
2-3 Mohm, which is basically open.I picked up a new one and it read about 1k,which seemed more reasonable.Any way ,I put it in and it fired right up. Thanks alot for the help,this has been the most helpful site I have been to.I will pass it along to my buds.
Thanks!
Clantz

Back