free website stats program Road king whitewalls | Harley Davidson Forums

Road king whitewalls

dogdad

I was cleaning my R K classic today and would like to know what some of you do to clean the tiny flat 1/4 edge of the white wall that is touching the rim,,not the main white strip. I use a brillo pad that works well on the main white wall,but don't want to rub the rim with that rough steel wool:newsmile055:.
Also, while we're at it how do you guys clean the middle of the rims where the axils are. I can't get my hands in through the spokes.:eam

PS .. Glider,,going to try your PLEDGE thing.

I use my wifes tooth brush to get next to the rim with some simple green, she doesn't mind.
As far as the axle, I use an old T shirt and pledge. Thread it between the spokes at the bottom and around the axle and pretend you shining a shoe.

Works for me.

1CC.jpg

The simply green works good on the spokes, just spray them down good and give it a few minutes and depending on how long the wifes tooth brush is, lightly brush away and rince off, as for the white walls I always use Westley's White Wall spray cleaner, it does have bleach in it so wet the fender with water and spray down and away, let it soak a little bit and use a plastic scrub brush while spinning the wheel, rince and repeat as needed. I did this for 4 years when I washed the bike, the brush never left a scratch on the chrome wheel, when dried put on the chrome polish as always to protect the wheel,

Back